Te Moata Retreat Centre Residential PDC
13 day intensive residential course. This Course fulfils the standard requirements of the international permaculture curriculum. All participants who complete the course will receive a Permaculture Design Certificate.
Te Moata is the perfect place for a winter residential PDC. Comfy beds, warm fires, good food, alternative power. New gardens and orchard designed by previous PDCs. Set in 800 acres of native bush, looking down on the beautiful Coromandel coastline. A short distance to Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove.
The course will:
- Give you a good understanding of the ethics, principles and patterns of permanent design
- Cover sustainable living systems for a wide variety of landscapes and climates
- Convey a general understanding of a wide range of common strategies and techniques
- Explore the implications of social change towards ecological sustainability
- Assist each student to access resources required to actively take the course philosophy and methodology into their future life.
About the tutors:
Trish Allen: Trish and her late husband Joe Polasicher founded the iconic, award-winning Rainbow Valley Farm in 1988 on permaculture principles and ethics. The farm inspired thousands of people over 25 years in sustainable living and demonstrated the principles of permaculture in action. Trish has now moved on and established a village-scale model of permaculture and shares her knowledge by teaching permaculture-related courses and workshops.
Daniel Tohill: Daniel has worked for over 20 years as a landscape designer and environmental consultant with a propensity toward ecological designs that have won him awards for his innovative and artful work. His work has taken him all over the country and occasionally abroad in the last 20 years doing over 1000 small and large landscape designs in rural and urban areas plus a diverse range of specialist projects.
Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 18:00 to Friday, May 25, 2018 - 12:00
$1800 fully inclusive of tuition, accommodation and food. Spec