Our full day hands-on workshop takes place in our certified organic nursery and covers
- seed sowing annuals, perennials trees and shrubs including different seed treatments techniques - stratification, scarification etc
- pricking out
- potting mixes, growing conditions, direct sow vs transplanting seedlings
- practical sessions - seed sowing and pricking out - plants to take home with you
- propagation by cuttings - what and when, plus practical session
- propagation by division and layering
- grafting and budding - a 2 hour grafting session in which you will propagate your own apple trees to take home
You will be able to see the results of these methods in our nursery, and have the chance to try most of them yourself under the guidance of an expert, to ensure you come away with great plant material to grow on at home, and all your questions answered. Price includes seeds and plants to take home, tour of our nursery and a discount on any nursery plants bought on the day.
Combine this workshop with our Food Forest Workshop on the following two days (29 & 30 August) and get a 10% discount!
Kahikatea Farm, Poukawa near Hastings