14 day intensive residential course with experienced tutors Trish Allen and Daniel Tohill. This Course fulfils the standard requirements of the international permaculture curriculum. Held at the beautiful Te Moata Retreast Centre near Tairua set in 800 acres of native bush. Te Moata is the perfect place for a winter residential Permaculture course. Off the grid, rustic comfortable accommodation, roaring fires, delicious vegetarian food, inspiring teachers and a fun cohort of students of all ages. The gardens and orchard are designed by previous PDCs. The programme includes a fun day trip to fantastic permaculture properties in the area, and a day off to enjoy Hot Water beach and Cathedral Cove.
The course will:
• Give you a good understanding of the ethics, principles and patterns of permanent design
• Cover sustainable living systems for a wide variety of landscapes and climates
• Convey a general understanding of a wide range of common strategies and techniques
• Explore the implications of social change towards ecological sustainability
• Assist each student to access resources required to actively take the course philosophy and methodology into their future life.
Saturday, May 29, 2021 - 09:45 to Friday, June 11, 2021 - 11:45
Location / Venue:
180 Paul Rd, Waikato
Te Moata Retreat Centre