Permaculture Design Certificate Course, Coromandel
Two week Permaculture Design Certificate Course hosted by Wilderland, one of New Zealand's oldest organic farms in the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula. Taught by Trish Allen and Daniel Tohill.
This Course fulfils the standard requirements of the international permaculture curriculum.
Wilderland is a unique learning centre located on the Whitianga Estuary, Coromandel Peninsula, Aotearoa (New Zealand), with gardens and orchards scattered amongst regenerating bushland. Wilderland is a community and collectively managed, certified organic farm since 1964.
The course will:
• Give you a good understanding of the ethics, principles and patterns of permaculture design
• Cover sustainable living systems in a wide variety of landscapes and climates
• Convey a general understanding of a wide range of common strategies and techniques
• Explore the implications of social change towards ecological sustainability
• Assist each student to access resources required to actively take the course philosophy and methodology into their future life.
About the tutors:
Trish Allen: Trish and her late husband Joe Polasicher founded the iconic, award-winning Rainbow Valley Farm, Matakana in 1988 on permaculture principles and ethics. The farm inspired thousands of people over 25 years in sustainable living and demonstrated the principles of permaculture in action. Trish has now moved on and established a village-scale model of permaculture and shares her knowledge by teaching permaculture-related courses and workshops.
Daniel Tohill: Daniel has worked for over 20 years as a landscape designer and environmental consultant with a propensity toward ecological designs that have won him awards for his innovative and artful work. His work has taken him all over the country and occasionally abroad in the last 20 years doing over 1000 small and large landscape designs in rural and urban areas plus a diverse range of specialist projects.
Monday, February 25, 2019 - 09:00 to Sunday, March 10, 2019 - 12:30
From $1600.00 inclusive of all meals