INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE WEEKEND WORKSHOP
Learn all about permaculture design which is designing your garden space so that you spend less time working to maintain the garden, and more time harvesting and enjoying your garden. The course covers the following topics:
• Ethics and Principles
• Element analysis
• Multiple functions of elements
• Relative Location of design elements
• Zones and habitats
• Sector analysis
• Low maintenance structures
• Water in the landscape
• Putting together elements of a design
Detailed handouts are prepared for each part of the course and there is time to talk about your property, look at specifics you want to put into your design and help you to get the design you want - whether it’s for your own property or you just want to experiment on paper with your learning over the weekend.
Practical Projects to choose from during the weekend dependent on season and weather – building a chook dome, pruning, lasagne bed building, seed sowing and saving, pH and brix testing.
- 2 day weekend course - 9am - 5pm both days. Cost $200 per person or $300 for two people learning together. Places are limited to 12. Cost includes morning and afternoon tea.
- Practical and theory sessions based on an urban permaculture property in New Plymouth which has a 5 year old food forest.
- To book a place on the course, contact: Dee Turner: 0211252035 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Dee has been teaching permaculture in New Zealand for 19 years, having trained with Geoff Lawton and Joe Polaischer.
- Check out the website for feedback on the courses, full details of the practical projects, and a complete rundown of the content – ‘permaculture’ tab - www.korito.co.nz
Korito, 28a Trafalgar Street, Westown, New Plymouth, 4310