Dan de Klerk (7 years experience in Permaculture, obtained PDC in 2015 through Permaculture South Africa)
Te Paranui Permaculture Homestead, in the Koromiko Valley next to the wetlands. Running for 4+ years on small slow solutions and vegetables. Food forest, Eco-grazing (animals for friends not food), Vegetable garden and some classic Permaculture installations.
We aim to cover a broad range of topics:
- Permaculture as a concept: The theory; What it offers; What it looks like in the world.
- Design Principles (on-site observe and interact)
- Design: Zone and Sector Mapping - To Action Plan (practical)
- Soil and an overview of food growing methods (on-site observe and interact)
- Discussion on renewable energy
- Zero-waste homes (practical)
Do you have some experience in Permaculture already? If you have a site that you are designing or would like to design, I would encourage you to bring that information with you to use in the practical design component. If not, and it's all new to you that's no problem.
*The content may change slightly, and be flexible in accordance with the levels of experience and the particular interests of the course participants.
A solo booking costs $40 with lunch. For group or family bookings, there is a $10 discount for each additional family member :) - That's $40 for the first person, $30 each for the rest. Please book in advance, so that we can organise logistics. Contact us to book- -
Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 09:30 to 16:00
Location / Venue:
1310 State Highway 1, Koromiko